Customer Service Resume Samples & How to Write: Below you will find everything you require to develop the ideal resume for customer service positions. Our example of a resume for a customer service representative is available for free download, and our writing advice for the year 2022 can be of use to you as you put together your own application for a position in retail or customer service.
If you love this, please feel free to check on the editable Customer Service Resume Samples below:
Customer Service Representative Resume Format
Make sure that the format of your resume is appropriate for your individual experiences and the circumstances of your life.
1938 W Augusta Blvd, Chicago, IL 60622
(212) 256 – 1414
Representative of Customer Service having over three years of expertise in providing various types of customer service over the phone, including sales, technical support, and customer care. A good attitude, familiarity with major customer service tools, and the ability to resolve conflicts are all desirable qualities. I am interested in applying my experience and demonstrated skills toward successfully filling the managerial post in your organisation.
SATELLITE TV CO. / Mt. Pleasant, SC / Customer Care Specialist / Aug 2020–Present
- Handle 90+ calls daily, with duties including signing up new customers, retrieving customer data, presenting relevant product information, and canceling services
- Trained two new employees in how to use Kayako, entering customer data and organizing customer interaction logs
- Received an average 85% customer satisfaction rating to date, 15% higher than the company average
- Research complicated cases without prompting to provide more comprehensive service to customers
- Suggested a new tactic to persuade canceling customers to stay with the company, resulting in a 5% decrease in cancellations
SCOTTRADE / Boston, MA / Customer Care Intern / Jun 2018 – Jul 2020
- Memorized entire line of company products and services, including prices and special discounts
- Provided basic technical support for clients on a wide range of company products, resolving issues at a 90% rate
- Remained courteous and calm at all times, even during moments of intense customer displeasure
MARKETING THESIS / Boston University, Boston, MA / Jan 2018 – May 2018
Boston, MA / Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, 2018
- Zendesk / Kayako / Parcel Audit
- Microsoft Office 365 & Google Workspace
- Bilingual (native-level English & Spanish)
- 105 WPM typist
4 Points for Writing a beautiful Customer Service Resume
Make sure you know how to create a resume in a way that puts your greatest attributes front and centre before you start putting words on the page.
Representatives of customer service have the responsibility of making every effort to fulfil the requirements of each individual customer and ensuring that they are satisfied with both the product and the provider.
We provide instructions on how to write a resume for customer service that highlights the customer service qualities that are required to make a positive first impression on hiring managers.
1. Write a resume objective targeting the position
The purpose of your resume for customer service should convey to hiring managers that you are qualified and driven to succeed. When you are writing your objective, make sure to clarify why the organisation will benefit from your expertise, talents, and prior successes and how you will help the company expand.
TIPS: If you have a great deal of experience, a resume summary may be the most effective format for your application. One of the most significant skills you can possess when looking for work is the ability to begin your resume effectively.
The aim section of a strong resume for customer service often has three sentences.
An example of a strong objective to include on a resume for a position of customer service is as follows:
Customer Service Representative with at least five years of experience working in various capacities inside contact centres, including but not limited to sales and technical support, as well as customer service. Possessing a positive attitude, expertise in conflict resolution, and familiarity with key customer service tools such as Salesforce and Hubspot are all desirable qualifications. Aiming to successfully fulfil the managerial role at [Company] by putting my experience and track record of providing excellent customer service to use there.
2. Include examples of customer service skills throughout your resume
You may make a good impression on a hiring manager by include a robust skills section in your resume and highlighting the fact that you are knowledgeable about customer support software and solutions.
In addition, you can still put soft abilities on your resume even if you do not have the specific hard skills that are being requested. In the year 2022, the following are some of the most sought-after abilities to be included on resumes submitted by professionals working in customer service:
In order to perform their jobs successfully, customer service employees need both technical and interpersonal abilities.
In addition, make sure to highlight any abilities that are both applicable and transferrable in your application. In most cases, the job description will include information on the relevant skills. Include them on your resume if you possess any of those skills to demonstrate to hiring managers that you are qualified for the position.
The following are some of the most important talents related to customer service that can help you get hired as a CSR:
- Communication skills: As a professional in customer service, you are obligated to offer information to consumers in a manner that is both clear and courteous in order to assist them with any issues they may be experiencing. Your ability to communicate effectively with your customers, whether vocally or in writing, is essential to meeting their needs and delivering the products or services they require.
- Technical skills: If you work in customer service, you will be required to use specialised software in order to provide superior assistance to your clients. Knowing how to use software like Zendesk or Microsoft Office is just one example of how having technical knowledge can simplify your work life and help you stay more organised.
- Interpersonal skills: Interacting with different people is an essential part of providing good customer service. If you have strong interpersonal skills, a cheerful and sociable approach can help you engage with clients and acquire their loyalty. This is especially true if you have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving: Customers typically contact customer service in an effort to find a solution to an issue they are experiencing. Customers and your superiors will both have a favourable impression of you if you are able to think quickly and find solutions to problems in order to aid them.
- Patience: Dealing with consumers often tests one’s capacity for patience. Maintaining composure and a professional demeanour while pleasantly resolving the customer’s issue is an essential element of your job, whether the consumer is upset or repeatedly asks the same questions.However, businesses who are searching for good customer service representatives respect a wide variety of talents in addition to the ones that have been listed above. Include the following additional abilities on your resume:
- Computer skills
- Product knowledge
- Microsoft Office 365
- Foreign language skills
- Support Center
- Typing speed
- Active listening
- Closing ability
- Conflict resolution
- Persuasion skills
- Quick thinking
- Time management
- Willingness to learn
- Working under pressure
3. Write experience bullet points that include numbers
Add some figures to the work experience portion of your resume in order to provide the hiring manager with a more concrete illustration of your success as a customer care representative.
You can get a sense of how to add numbers to your own experience by looking at the following bullet points, which have been taken directly from the resume of our candidate for the position of customer service representative:
- Handle more than 90 calls per day, with duties including cancelling services, signing up new clients, accessing customer data, and providing product information that is relevant to the caller’s inquiry.
- Received customer satisfaction ratings of 85% on average thus far, 15% better than the company average.
- suggested a fresh strategy to convince consumers who were considering cancelling to stick with the business, which led to a 5% reduction in cancellations
As you can see, the applicant provided specific figures to demonstrate how many employees were trained, how many calls were handled each day, how much the number of cancellations was reduced, and the level of customer satisfaction attained.
This makes it simpler for the hiring manager to comprehend the applicant’s qualifications and range of talents.
- How many customers did you interact with daily?
- Did you receive customer commendations, or achieve a high customer care rating?
- If you’re doing sales, how much did you earn per day?
- Were your earnings higher than the company average? If so, by how much?
- How many employees did you train?
4. Add action verbs that showcase your customer service talents
Action verbs are just more exciting than verbs such as “work” and “do,” and they infuse your resume with greater power, which in turn helps your resume stand out from that of other applicants. The following are some examples of frequent action verbs that are related with providing service to customers:
TIPS: Because it shows that you have management abilities as well as a significant amount of professional experience, the word “trained” is an ideal choice for an action verb on a resume.
You can also have a look at our beautiful Customer service Cover Letter below: